University and College Disability Offices

Most colleges and universities have student disability offices. If you have frequent CF exacerbations, challenges due to the amount of daily CF treatments you have to complete, limited energy, or any other issues related to living with CF that may impact on your studies you may want to register with your student disability office. The office can advocate on your behalf if you need to be hospitalized or miss classes due to an exacerbation, or if you need other supports due to CF health related issues

Examples of student disability office services are included in the links below. You can check your institution's website for your school's services.

Cystic Fibrosis related Diabetes (CFRD):

As people are living longer with CF, some other conditions like impaired glucose tolerance and diabetes are becoming more common. 

Read More

Bone Health

Osteopenia and osteoporosis is a condition in which the bones become more porous.

Read More


Many of our patients are living full lives including having families.

Read More


Transplant is a treatment option some of our patients may wish to explore.

Read More